Sr. Vice President
Retail/investment specialist and pre-development consultant, Michael Burton specializes in creating and implementing strategic initiatives for both urban assets and high profile users. His experiences and relationships with local, regional and national users have provided the foundation for the USG platform: conceptualizing, underwriting and implementing merchandising and leasing plans that maximize the long-term value of an asset and create vibrant, walkable communities.
- Co-founder/Team Leader of the Urban Strategies Group.
- Expert in the sale and leasing of retail and restaurant properties in urban and coastal environments.
- Specializes in value generation through place-making and amenity creation with a concentration on restaurant and high street retail brokerage.
- Works extensively on new and existing mixed-use developments and multi-block projects in downtown San Diego and other urban and coastal communities.
- Serves as a retail and mixed-use consultant throughout the design, strategic planning and build-out stages of in-fill developments.
- Assists in land acquisition and assemblage for mixed-use and smart growth developers across San Diego County.
- Excels in tenant representation – active tenants include: Shake Shack, Fox Restaurant Concepts, Ways & Means, CVS, Jersey Mike’s Subs, TruFusion, Waypoint Public, Halcyon, Stella Public House, Pappalecco, and Whisknladle Hospitality; previous clients include Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Boudin SF, Noodles & Co, Jack in the Box, The Tilted Kilt, Smashburger and Pinkberry.
- Notable restaurant transactions include: Urge Common House, 10 Barrel Brewing Co, Punch Bowl Social, Duke’s La Jolla, STK & Rebel Roof, Bottega Americano, Kettner Exchange, Catania, Brooklyn Girl, Prep Kitchen Little Italy & Del Mar, Neighborhood, Noble.
2017 – Present │ Flocke & Avoyer Commercial Real Estate
Senior Vice President, Urban Strategies Group
2006 – 2017 │ Cushman & Wakefield (DTZ), San Diego
Urban Leasing & Sales Specialist
2006 – 2011 │ CBS Sports
Spotter for the NFL announcing team of Dick Enberg, Randy Cross and Dan Fouts
2000 │ San Diego Chargers
Quarterback – signed rookie free agent contract
- Downtown San Diego Partnership – Executive Committee & Board of Directors
- NAIOP San Diego Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Trinity University │ San Antonio, TX
B.A., Speech Communication