Co-founder of Flocke & Avoyer Commercial Real Estate, Steve Avoyer specializes in the sale and leasing of retail and commercial properties, tenant representation and development consulting. He has established relationships with all of the major retail buyers, landlords and developers in the San Diego region, as well as relationships with all the major tenants – including Kroger and Safeway.
Transactional Qualifications (Flocke & Avoyer)
- Lead team that sold the “Deal of the Decade”: $183M, 9 property Walmart portfolio.
- Transaction Summary: Completed over 5,200 sale & lease deals, totaling over $5.5 billion in lease & sale consideration.
- Landlord Representation: Exclusively represents over 170 retail centers, totaling 19 million SF.
- Ground-up Development: 150+ retail projects and investment sales, totaling over 15 million SF.
- Tenant Representation (exclusive): Exclusively represents over 75 retail tenants.
1985 – Present │ Flocke & Avoyer Commercial Real Estate
President & Co-founder
After 12 years as a successful broker at Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate (now CB Richard Ellis), Steve, along with his then partner, Jim Flocke, founded what is now San Diego’s largest independently owned Commercial Real Estate firm measured by properties under contract. The firm exclusively works with retail product, including shopping center leasing, investment sales, tenant representation, site acquisition and shopping center development consulting.
1973 – 1985 │ Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate Services (now CB Richard Ellis)
Associate Vice President
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Scripps Health Foundation/Advisory Board
- Building Industry Association (BIA)
University of Southern California
B.S., Real Estate and Finance